Sunday 27 February 2011

Similar Texts

My film has been inspired by two of the most popular films amongst young people Kidulthood directed by Menhaj Huda and Bullet Boy directed by Saul Dibb. I feel as if these two films show and tell an urban story which is what my group and I want to do with our film.

Kidulthood is a British drama about the life of several teenagers who live in west London. A suicide, impregnation and murder takes place. Written by Noel Clarke. The reason this film inspired me is because of the story behind it, i felt as if young people who live in London really can relate to the story and this is the same effect I want to have on my audience. Also the main characters are all presented in the same age group as the characters of my film so I feel as if the two can be seen as similar.



Bullet Boy is a Britiish drama starrting Ashley Walter who plays Ricky. He was just left prison and decides he wants to establish himself in the neighborhood again but wants to turn his life around for the better. His friend Wisdom starts up a conflict with a local gang member Godfrey about hitting his car mirror. Godfrey shoots Wisdoms dog in revenge, so Wisdom takes revenge and attempts to kill him. He fails and results in him and Ricky getting killed.

This film inspired me because, I feel it is the best British urban film to date, the story does a good job at drawing the audience in, which is what any film maker wants to do, the film also constructs representations, class and stereotypes through mise-en-scene very well. Each of these skills are what I have tried to input into my film.


No comments:

Post a Comment