Sunday 27 February 2011

Introduction to editing

Since I have begun my media course I began to learn how to edit videos so we can apply the skills to edit our movies. We began to learn basic skills such as: titles, transitions and effects. The equipment I will be using is a Apple mac computer, Sony HDV camera & Final Cut Pro. I begun to learn the equipment I have access to use, it's very popular amongst people who like shooting and editing films for their own pleasure.  The first bit of filming we done was our preliminary task, which you can find on the relevant post. I also learned a few tricks off Youtube tutorials.


Once all the footage is filmed, I would upload each clip to Final Cut Pro by using a fire-wire. Making sure its in HD for the best quality. I would then cut each clip down to the parts I want and put each clip together in a sequence on the timeline, then use transitions to fade clips where necessary. Finally I would add music and titles and export the footage.   


This is one of the videos I watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment